Categories: Personal Development
Includes lifetime access
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning that the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand anger dynamics in terms of the anger cycle and the fight or flight theory.
- Know common anger myths and their factual refutations.
- Know the helpful and unhelpful ways of dealing with anger.
- Know techniques in controlling anger, particular reading anger warning signs, using coping thoughts, exercising relaxation techniques and blowing off steam.
- Understand the difference between objective and subjective language.
- Know tips in identifying the problem.
- Express a feeling or position using I-messages.
- Know skills and techniques in making a disagreement constructive, including effective negotiation and solution-building.
- Reflect on one’s hot buttons and personal anger dynamics.
- Know alter, avoid and, accept ways of responding to an anger-provoking situation.
- Understand the energy curve and how it can help in responding to someone else’s anger.
- Learn and practice de-escalation techniques.
- Gain an integrated view of anger management and how it can be best practiced.