CATEGORY: Professional Customer Service
Course Access: Lifetime
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning that the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization.
- Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
- Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
- Identify at least one way to minimize nervousness while in social situations.
- Understand how to use a business card effectively.
- Identify and practice at least one way to remember names.
- Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake.
- Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each.
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette, and basic table manners.
- Understand the protocol in ordering in a restaurant, handling alcohol in a business meal, paying the bill, and tipping.
- Understand basic guidelines when it comes to the proper form of address, grammar standards, and use of acronyms in e-mails.
- Understand basic guidelines in the use of the telephone, voicemail, and cell phone.
- State the difference between a formal and an informal letter.
- Create an effective ‘Thank You’ note.
- Understand the meaning of colours in dressing for success.
- Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code.
- Understand basic guidelines in international etiquette