CATEGORY: Leadership and Management
Course Access: Lifetime
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning that the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the difference between hearing and listening
- Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating with power.
- Understand what non-verbal communication is and how it can enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation.
- Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
- Understand how seeing the other side, building bridges and giving in without giving up can improve skills in influencing other people.
- Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
- Identify ways of sharing one’s opinions constructively.
- Learn tips in preparing for a negotiation, opening a negotiation, bargaining, and closing a negotiation.
- Learn tips in making an impact through powerful first impressions, situation assessment, and being zealous without being offensive.