CATEGORY: Strategy and Systems (Computer Basics)
Lean Process and Six Sigma
Course Access: Lifetime
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly.
This workshop is designed to help you in the following ways:
- Develop a 360 degree view of Six Sigma and how it can be implemented in any organization.
- Identify the fundamentals of lean manufacturing, lean enterprise, and lean principles.
- Describe the key dimensions of quality – product features and freedom from deficiencies
- Develop attributes and value according to the Kano Model
- Understand how products and services that have the right features and are free from deficiencies can promote customer satisfaction and attract and retain new customers.
- Describe what is required to regulate a process
- Give examples of how poor quality affects operating expenses in the areas of appraisal, inspection costs, internal failure costs, and external failure costs
- Using basic techniques such as DMAIC and how to identify Six Sigma Projects
- Use specific criteria to evaluate a project
- Discover root causes of a problem
- Design and install new controls to hold the gains and to prevent the problem from returning